Image search

The problem with the image search feature is that the index which lies behind it stopped updating a very long time ago. See the thread: <a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=003QKE">�Search user uploaded photos� feature not using an up-to-date index?</a>. This is a problem that is on Brian's to-do list, but God knows he's got his hands full already, and he evidently has not gotten to it yet.

<p>As has been pointed out many times, Google serves as an excellent surrogate for the <i>general</i> photo.net search feature -- all you have to do is enter "www.photo.net" in the "Only return results from the site or domain" field. The problem is, that this won't work for photos in photo.net portfolios because they (and their associated information, like captions, cameras, etc.) are not actually in static pages; instead, they're just generated on-the-fly. That means that a search engine like Google doesn't index any of that information. I wonder if there is some way the photo.net gallery database could be made "indexable" by Google? Unfortunately, that kind of technical stuff is beyond my ken.