Image names start with underscore on CF (_MG_0460, etc)?

kbroderick

When I went out snowshoeing this morning, I brought my 20D with me. In light of the recent

conversations re: condensation, I kept it in a plastic bag long enough to cool down before

pulling it out. I then had it out, with the strap around my neck, until I put it back inside the

plastic bag to bring inside. When I downloaded the images, I got a bit perturbed by the fact

that only a few had the normal "IMG_xxxx" names and most were named

"_MG_xxxx.CR2" (i.e. underscore instead of "I"). To my relief, the data files opened without

problem. I did get some snow on the camera more than once, and it was cold out, but I'm

wondering if anyone has input as to whether this was (a) my fault due to mishandling the

camera vis a vis temperature or snow/water exposure, (b) known to happen with the EOS20D

and firmware 2.0.2 (I did upgrade to 2.0.3 after coming back inside), © indicative of a

problem with my CF card, or (d) a freak occurence never seen before or since.<div>00E0qC-26268184.jpg.3b4f67dbc6ca325ed69f324abbbbb296.jpg</div>

LOL... yeah, mine had the right manual (1D MKII N - a REAL MANUAL!) Only problem was they had a 5D Warranty card ? what the ? So I went to the website to register the body online.... no online registration.... doah.... and then I called Tech Support to register. What a pain the a// !

Anyway, every camera I ever bought came with a manual... even my three Canons... 300D, 1D, 1D MKII N, both lenses even had their manuals, and even the 580EX comes with a manual.

I at one time thought it was just people couldn't read so they got on the forums ... but wait, they gotta read there too! So it aint a readin problem, it has to be just plain lazyness... ;et some fool who knows the answer and read the manual give me the answers....

READ YOUR OWNERS MANUALS... thats what they are for.... save the forum for REAL questions NOT Covered in the mauals... should cut out 90% of the threads here....