image in anon ratings

mrstubbs

There is nothing to prevent an image for which critique was never requested from having critique sought at any time in the future.

If this image had not had a critique requested, then many might have commented on it (Hugh Hill's portfolio/folders get some substantial traffic, and folder photos were -- and are I think -- eligible for comments even if a critique had not been requested under an older system that I think continues for those photos). For instance I have photos with numerous (over 30 in one instance) comments that never had a critique sought. Arguably I could submit those for critique now, they just would not be eligible for the 'timed' top rated photos list - just the 'all time' lists.

Arguably Hugh Hill had posted this photo, obtained comments without seeking critique, and just now sought a critique.

The TRP sorting engine has seldom (if ever) been known to fail; they tell us all the 'bugs' seem to be long out of it

My explanation makes sense, but I don't have acccess to posting logs for request for critique to ensure what I say is the only explanation

John (Crosley)