<p>Hi All.... I am looking for info on maintenance of Imacon scanners. I have Imacon 949 and a message has been popping up that the scanner is due maintenance. I have been ignoring it for some time, as I have heard that the message is standard for scans over certain number and once a year....also I did not see any difference in my scans.<br /> However lately I am beginning to see the traces of dust on my scans, and I am becoming certain the scanner is dirty inside.... The last month we have had construction in the building, so I am not surprised of this deterioration. So I need to clean it, whether it is just cleaning or entire professional maintenance which involves other stuff like checking light tubes, belt,etc.<br /> My question is if anyone has attempted to clean it themselves. To send it for maintenance involves really costly shipping to a Hasselblad center in GA (I live in NYC) plus costly fees for the service and parts. If it mostly needs dusting, I would like to try myself. If that doesnt solve the problem and needs parts, then I would consider professional services.<br /> Has anyone had any experience with this issue?<br /> I know this question has been posted before on this site by someone else, and not many responded back then....So now I am attempting again. There is not much info on this issue on the internet either.</p>

<p>Thanks so much !</p>

<p>Dora, I have the 848 Imacon. The primary issue with maintenance is the lubrication of the screw drive. If you are handy you can do this yourself but I'm not so I sent the scanner back for service. Blowing off the sensor(are you seeing scan artifacts?) and changing lamps are user doable. You must reprofile the scanner after a lamp change. I was told by Imacon that relubrication was needed after so many scans but the nag screens come on way sooner than actually needed. YMMV.</p>

<p>Well, Dora, size and weight of such (excellent) scanner certainly are a bit of a drawback. Before U ship the unit out at great cost and some risk, U might want to ask around... I would think that one or several of the many licensed camera equipment service shops in & around the city could handle Ur job. Perhaps even the people from Hasselblad could give U a hint..? Some labs offer Imacon scans. I would check with them as well.<br>

Gd luck!</p>

<p>Thank you guys,<br>

I found a shop, Photo Village in the city that does the service. It is not too expensive, at least saves the shipping and the insurance, and the risk... After this major cleanup, I will try to maintain it myself, maybe occasional cleanups inside.<br>

Thanks for the response!<br>

dora</p>