Imacon Flextight Precision III

I have just picked up the Imacon scanner, and am trying to hook it up to my PC. One of the items included was an

SCSI cable with a Firewire box (for want of a better description) attached to the other end of it. My PC didn't have

a firewire connection, so I have bought and installed one in it. The problem I have is that the driver I already have

won't work with the Imacon, and I just get a message telling me the driver is not digitally signed!. Is there

anywhere I can download a driver for firewire. Many thanks in advance, if I can get this damn scanner to finally

work with my PC. Stu.

maybe you should have got a SCSI card directly.

Windows and drivers will drive the best of us mad. I had a USB2 card that I was never able to get to work at high speed.

Anyway, for one to help, you have to give us details of the card and your system. If the driver CD that came with the

card did not work, then your first port of call is the manufacturer's site. if that does not work, you should probably go yell

at the shop which sold it to you, and maybe see if they have a SCSI card instead. (but take the SCSI cable with you, so

that you can make sure you have the right adapter to be able to connect the pinouts).

good luck.

PS: When you get it running, check on the Hasselblad site, as you cannot use the latest version of Flexcolor with SCSI

scanners... there is a previous version which states that it is the last that you can use. and they are all the same with

the scanners, all hassie has added is support for their digital backs, leaving us with a dinosaur of a slow program.

t

"Not digitally signed" may mean malware or, as in this case, that the manufacturer has not signed an agreement with Microsoft. You can disregard this warning in Windows XP, but I'm not sure about Vista. Work with Hasselblad/Imacon and/or Microsoft to see if there's a work-around. I'm thinking this makes 1002 reasons to stick with XP.

The best way to connect a SCSI device is with a SCSI adapter and cable. XP and Vista should have all the necessary drivers (called a "stack") for SCSI, or you can download drivers from Adaptec. That's just for SCSI - you need an Imacon driver too. Adaptec makes the best SCSI cards. There are at least three styles of SCSI connectors, which translates to 6 possible cable combinations. Try to get a card with the same connector as the Imacon - it makes life simpler.

Thanks all, for your responses. The scanner also came with a couple of SCSI adapters, one of which I tried first with no luck. The firewire port didn't come with any installation disc or info, and i'm wondering if it should have done. I think the best route appears to be the Adaptec route, where I know I can download the driver from their website. Thanks again. Stu.

Stuart, i had a Imacon III scanner for years, and on my mac, the firewrie box you have (little gray or black if i remember) never work : )

The easiest thing will be to get a scsi card..work like a charm. Just make sure that you open the scanner first, then your PC..same at the end, you close your PC, then your scanner..if you dont do this order, your PC will hang.

Hi Patrick. I'm fast coming to the same conclusion about the firewire to scsi box. I have been on the phone to Belkin (the manufacturer), and they suggest inserting my windows xp disc with the scanner turned on, and that may prompt my pc to recognise the unit/scanner. I did try 1 of the 3 scsi cards which came with the scanner, but that didn't work. I think the Adaptec 2906 card will be the answer. Stu.

Oh joy, oh joy! Just when I had loaded the scanner into the back of the car, and was preparing to drive to the nearest cliff edge so I could hurl it over the edge, I decided to give it one more try. I fitted the Adaptec 2940 adapter into my pc, and all is now fine and dandy in my world; and no, I really haven't touched a drop tonight! Seriously, thank you all for your thoughts and assistance. My Epson V750 will be on ebay in no time. Stu.