I'm looking to buy a list of Graduating Highschool Seniors

<p>John,<br>

Good luck. There are list companies out there promising everything but the moon. My experiences with them have not been all that terrific. A lot of their information comes from DMV and it it not accurate, meaning the names you get can be sophomores to those already graduated. On a personal note, the list companies are not able to cull out the relatively few teenagers who are not living due to auto accidents, etc. Not that big of a deal until you get the call from a bereaved parent wanting you to stop sending materials to their deceased child ! It happened to me once, did not make my day. Getting names and addresses is tough, but in my opinion, list companies are not the way to go.<br>

Warmest regards,<br>

David R. Lewis</p>

<p>I didn't think about marketing to a deceased child. That could really put some bad mojo my way. I am going to start calling a couple of the schools and see if we can work something out. I'm not sure if there's privacy concerns or what not. A photographer i used to work for around 10 years ago (he's no longer around) used to buy a list and market it and that kept him busy almost all year but i have no idea where he would get it from.</p>

<p>There are lists out there bu I'd agree there are accuracy issues. My daughter is a senior and we get plenty of things addressed to her as Gillette (First Name), sometimes with a correct name as well from the same source.</p>

<p>You might want to call the local schools and see what they can/will do or provide. I know for a variety of programs they will pass out materials to be sent home, if grouped in class size bundles, etc. Ours doesn't mail things out - that's a big expense. But we do get mailings from photographers and not just the one on the yearbook contract.</p>

<p>If it helps any - we do school pictures for about 100 schools.. quite a few high schools. They will give out the list of seniors each year if you put in a Public Information Request. The list will usually contain name, grade and address. Some districts give out phone numbers with that request and others don't.<br>

Some districts charge a small fee to process the request and you'll find that some districts will charge you for labels with addresses instead of sending you a digital file.<br>

Public Information lists won't have every single name on it if a parent has opted out of having their information published. <br>

Senior photographers who compete with us send information home to students with no problems at all.</p>