I'm looking for suggestions.......... Laser All-In-One or Multipurpose

<p >I am trying to decide upon a new printer. Feel it's time to move up to Laser printer from Ink Jet.</p>

<p >I need one which will scan, print, copy - & if faxing as well - - that's great....<br>

Which brand - Canon, HP, Samsung - What? <br /> <br /> Your recommendations & suggestions - experience.<br>

I was going to get a film scanner - but unfortunately this has to be taken care of first...<br /> <br /> I'm willing to look up to max $ 1,000.00 <br /> <br /> Thanks, <br /> <br /> Lil :-)</p>

<p>I don't know much about laser printers, but I have heard that they don't measure up to high quality ink jet for photos. Epson is my choice for photos. For $1,000 you may be able to get a first class laser for all except photos and a Epson R1900 for photos. Epson sells photo printers refurbished, potentially saving you lots of money. The refurbished models are usually returns that come with a full warranty as new. Hope this is of some help.</p>

<p>If you're planning to print photos, you probably need to stick with an inkjet in that price range. If you're talking for business, the Brother MFC's are fantastic. Great software. They actually give you a full tank of toner, and not just a starter. I have purchased many for my businesses and cannot say enough great things about them. I don't have the color one yet, but even so, it's $400 or less, and fully capable of decent brochure printing.</p>

<p>Thanks Steve - by now I'm going nuts....<br>

My list late last night had come down to these All-in-Ones.... <br /> <br /> Epson Artison 800 - rejected due to lower printing resolution <br /> Canon PIXMA MP980 - Recommendations: 4.7 BB, 4 Amazon, & 4.7 Canon <br /> Canon PIXMA MP970 - Recommendations: 4 BB, 4,5 Amazon, & 4,8 Canon <br /> Canon PIXMA MX860 - (Office rated) New - - no reviews <br /> Canon PIXMA MX7600 - (Office rated) Recommendations: 3.5 BB, 3 Amazon, 4.7 Canon <br /> HP C8180 Photosmart - Recommendations: 4,5 BB, 4 Amazon, 4 HP.com <br /></p>

<p >Still confused in what to do as there's always one thing here or there.... I went on to CNET for their top 10 - - they seemed to have older versions on their list.<br>

So - what was their Editor's Favorites.... <br /> <br /> Well they had a list.... out of which I pulled out these.... <br /> <br /> HP Photosmart - which they gave a Very Good <br /> Canon PIXMA MX7600 - which they gave an Excellent <br /> <br /> Here's CNET's page <br /> <br /> reviews.cnet.com/printers/?tag=leftColumnArea.0 <br /> <br /> But it all leaves out the Canon PIXMA MX860 - which has these specks.... <br /> Print resolution 9600x2400 dpi <br /> Copier <br /> Scanner 4800x9600dpi <br /> Fax <br /> <br /> Epson is out due to lower dpi... <br /> <br /> HP - reliability & that C8180 gets super ratings - though lower dpi... <br /> <br /> C8180's specks... <br /> up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (color) <br /> Optical Resolution 9600 dpi <br /> * Interpolated Resolution 19200 dpi <br /> * Color Depth 48 bit <br /> Oh & it would seem it does film & slides.... <br /> <br /> Help........ <br /> <br /> Lil :-)</p>

<p>Tried Consumer Reports? I think they had one particular HP that had good results and cost quite a bit less than others to operate. (This is for general consumer use so could be quite good if maybe not top notch for photos, but it doesn't sound as though you are selling photographic prints etc.)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I need one which will scan, print, copy - & if faxing as well - - that's great....</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The Brother MFC-9840 is awesome! I had a Lexmark prior and it died after a year (in fact so did its dad, a B&W laser). Replaced both with Brother units. This MFC faxes, copies, scans, you can do this from a built in USB flash access.Wireless accessed worked out of the box on my Airport. Quality is quite good (this is a laser). Much better than the Lexmark 502N I had. Very Mac friendly software too if that's useful to you. The reviews on Amazon are spot on. That's where I got mine (free shipping). HUGE box, weights a great deal. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<blockquote>

<p>every store I've gone into have told me to stay away from the Brother units. </p>

</blockquote>

<p><br /><br>

Odd, the unit has received excellent reviews via Amazon. I'd stay away from those stores <g></p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<blockquote>

<p>every store I've gone into have told me to stay away from the Brother units. </p>

</blockquote>

<p><br /><br>

Odd, the unit has received excellent reviews via Amazon. I'd stay away from those stores <g></p>