Ilford ULF 90mm (9cm) rolls -- anyone try as 122 film?

Has anyone tried using the Ilford 90mm wide film rolls from the annual ULF offerings? Two years they listed 91.5mm wide film on roll film base, which is the right size for 122 film. I ordered two rolls each year, but they didn't meet the minimum order either time.

The 90mm film is a trifle narrow, and is on thicker "35mm" base. I'm sure it would fit fine in the fat 122 rolls, and track through the camera OK. But I have no idea if it would load properly on a 122 size Nikor reel. Afraid it would fall out of the spirals, making processing impractical for me. (No darkroom to see-saw in.)

I can't offer any first-hand experience, but here's a blog post of someone cobbling together a 122 reel from two Patterson reels.

The Photo Palace: Kodak 3A 122 Film Camera Sees First Use After 50-100 Years

Although I've never worked with roll film this wide, and dislike plastic reels as a general rule, I keep a few different kinds of them around since they can often be "fudged" for an oddball size or-in your case-adjusted for film that's not quite the correct width for the format. In addition, the wider grooves can account for a bit more difference in film width than the narrow spiral of a stainless reel. It looks like the one shown above could be adjusted a tiny bit narrower if needed to properly fit 90mm film vs. 91.5mm.