Ilford Film Survey

<p>Yeah, I saw that on Facebook the other day. I was hoping to find a breakdown of the survey or poll results. The summarized anecdotes seemed to be a bit heavy on magical thinking from folks who grew up with digital and only fairly recently tried film. Heavy on enthusiasm, a bit light on substance.</p>

<p>There weren't many comments from experienced photographers who distinguished the differences in grain between optical enlargements from a skilled darkroom printer and scanning with a low end flatbed; or the balancing act between exposure and development of film, and the choices and applications of darkroom materials and techniques to achieve the desired look. Or from experienced photographers who've used both film and digital and recognize the limitations of film in dim light candid photography.</p>

<p>But if those folks continue using film and darkroom papers and materials, there's always the option of learning and growing beyond the nostalgia-by-proxy romanticism.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>I'm just grateful that Ilford would do any survey on film use! Thanks Iflord, I now your your 4x5 black & white negative film exclusively. Please keep up the good work and please make a 4x5 Quickload / Readyload -type version that will work in our old holders--you will find that there is a willing market out there!</p>