IKEA

You don't approach IKEA, they have an art licensing agent/design firm in the UK. They

usually approach you, or approach people who's work they've seen in galleries and large scale

photo/art fairs and exhibitions. I'm not sure if they accept any submitted work.

Art, IKEA is a very large company, they are not going to be easy for someone to get this

type of information from. She needs to get her work seen in the public more and have

them come to her. This comes far easier when you have gallery representation, as the art

licensing companies scout galleries and large well attended exhibitions like AIPAD, AAF,

PhotoSF, PhotoLA, etc. In lieu of that a well designed and well promoted web site of her

work would help.

I may be wrong but I don't think the art licensing companies have much available time to

devote to open submissions of work. The flood of submissions would be staggering, as

well as the logistics of returning printed submissions and all of the back and forth

correspondance.

I approached them a while ago. I e-mailed someone in the marketing department in Sweden. She said my work would be great for Ikea, and that she would forward it to the publisher they buy from. I followed up on this with her and send my portfolio. It has been 2 years since...BUT maybe I'll give it another try soon!

Good luck!

Mo

http://www.cafepress.com/imagineall