IF you still use a minox 8x11 PLEASE SAY HELLO HERE....

steve barry1

Hi Everyone,

As a recent new user of minoxes I was wondering how many poeple still actively use

them, this forum seems very quiet so I assume that the lack of posts either means

people have posted all they are interested in about minoxes or have given up using

them for a while - or for good. If you still actively use your minox please post here it

would be good to know how many minoxers are on this forum.

If you have any links to your minox photos that would be really good to see.

Kind regards

Steve

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,I am still using my Minox cameras,very much so.However,it seems that I am more active in slitting and shooting,than processing:-)).I have some 10 films waiting.Very good idea,Steve,having this question.I long for the days when postings were like 10 per day,and this regularly occurred at the beginning of 2000's.People move on,I guess.

Some of my pictures and stuff can be seen on:

http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Minox-FAQ/photos/browse/92f7

http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Minox-FAQ/photos/browse/5c4e

http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Minox-FAQ/photos/browse/240c?b=1&m=t

www.minox.freeservers.com

www.minox.freepages.ro

and of course,my portfolio herein,although those are just a few.Enjoy!

All the best,

JT<div>00Pexz-46309584.jpg.5b3864685e3469a303ab1aa22cb40055.jpg</div>

Yes, certainly. Using EC and C mostly but also B and IIIs. I use Blue Moon for developing and new film when they have it. Must find another source for film because Blue Moon has run out. I use ASA 400 color print film. Had used MicroTek in CA and Minox Processing in NY years past, but they are gone or unreliable. Someday I may develop myself (yea right!, I still have several rolls of half-frame 35mm slide film in the refrigerator to be developed, decades old). I love the format, the grain, the always-there camera. And just the fun of taking picture with a Minox. For air travel I use the MiniDigi and a Polaroid digital - not the same thrill as using a Minox with REAL film.

Hi Steve,<br>

I think I'm one of the few Minox 8x11 users in The Netherlands...There will be much more users in Germany and I think most of them visit the German Minox forum not this one.<br>

My February DAGed Minox B is used last Saturday at a Large Photography meeting :-). I used Copex and this film will be developed soon using the original tank. The enlargements will be made using the model III enlarger. When the results are reasonable I'll send my IIIs and Minosix to Don.<br>

The little IIIs and the B are lovely camera's and I admire the mechanics in such small boxes. Keep on counting....<br>My pictures are

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/robslotboom/">here</a>.<br><br>

Rob

After 40 years of always carrying one Minox or another in my pocket, I now use them only for fondling.<P>Even with the absurd cost of processing, I might still be using them if the B&W service was really good, as it was when I used to develop/print myself. I wouldn't even know where to send the film anymore.<P>(EC, IIIs, C, TL.)

Hello everyone,

That makes 8 of us, you never know would might even reach double figures:-). Great to see the photos Iulian and Robert are taking with their cameras - thanks for the links.

I am mainly using a B and C (I did get a perfect looking TLX but unfortunately the shutter sticks and the ISO dial does not work so I am sending it back - I thought I got it for a good price!).

I can't get over how well designed the minox system is and such a joy to use a pleasent change from working with digital for the day job. I love the ethos of the system the developing tank is just genius makes developing at home so easy and economical compared to other methods.

I am making a slitter at the moment and looking to do some printing - I just need to take some decent photos first....although I have played with the enlarger a lot - a joy to use as well.

A great source in the UK I have found for film etc. is GFG Microsystems Ltd very reasonable price (for minox anyway) and great service - I think they despatch overseas as well. I don't know anyone that develops it but as I am interested only in BW for minox stuff I can do that myself very easily.

Maybe we could have a photo of the month competition there are so few of use we all might get to have a symbolic win at least once a year!

Kind regards to everyone.

Steve

Still using them here. Mostly a BL or IIIs with Minopan 25, but occasionally an EC with faster film, or a TLX with colour. I try to have one with me whenever I'm out. I develop b&w myself, but scan using a film scanner and print digitally. For colour I've been using Blue Moon.

I've been experimenting with film slitting, but so far haven't had reliable results. I'm still looking for a minox/acmel slitter if I can find one.

-Anthony<div>00PhyF-46985584.jpg.509b83b6074c7f395225a1bfe6d9af5b.jpg</div>

I still use mine (Minox B), but the film and processing issues keep me from using it very much anymore. I suspect it won't be long before the film will no longer be available. I tried developing and scanning my own B&W, but I did not get very good results, so I just shoot the color film and send it out to Blue Moon Camera for processing. I still love the camera, and I will surely take it with me on vacation this summer.

I have been bitten, big time!

I am a minox newbie, alway wanted one from about 10 years old.

Freinds say, thirty years too late, but I don't care.

I am regularly using a minox b, have a minox c, for family gatherings, a minox iiis for the display case and Yashica Atoron Transparent for holiday trips.

I am interested in recording my young children growing using color minox film, getting the film lab processed and scanning the negatives although I must master this. Am looking at the "best" scanner for this. I hope this forum will help.

Yes, there are more minoxers than you might think. There are a whole bunch of us out there snapping away with very little in the way of fan fare. I carry a Minox III, in the left pocket and prefer the film now available by lab811.com of Carsten Chadt. Carsten tells me he developes about 80 rolls of film at his shop in Germany each month. We'er here, just not always posting...

III(primary) LX (secondary) and a Yashica Atoron (reserve)

Hi Steve,

Like Nick V, I always wanted a Minox as a kid and I finally got around to fulfilling that wish in January. Now I have five of them plus the usual accessories. Three of the cameras needed work, which I managed to do myself with parts and advice from Martin Doctor and Don Goldberg. I've shot and developed 10 rolls so far, with surprisingly few glitches for someone who has never developed a roll of film before. As others have said, Minox put together a great system. Recently I finished refurbishing a color enlarger, and am nearly ready to start making prints. Working for a technology company, I find the "analog" Minox to be a wonderful antidote to digital overload.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

I have several of both the Minox MX and the Acmel MD units, I have had good results with both, though the Acmel is

my preferred of the two since it varies shutter speed up to 1/500 while the Minox MX is a fixed 1/125. Blue Moon

does a good job and returns quickly, I just wish they would either print larger than the "wallet size" or at least offer

scanning services or print to glossy paper making for better scans. I was the photographer at my son's wedding a

couple of years ago, a task I accomplished with a combination of digital, 35mm, and Minox, or as my daughter-in-law

calls it, my "Batman" camera. In truth, the Acmel MD took as good a photo as either of my other two, on Minox Pro

100, 36 exposure. And it's true, subjects are much less intimidated by a camera the size of a pack of gum. I have

quite a stash of color and black and white film in the freezer, but will be trying some slit film this year. I don't have

scans right now of my better pix, but just for fun, here are two from my Minox MX:

http://www.jeteyemister.com/gallery.html

By the way, BlueMoonCamera.com is also selling Minox film, though a couple weeks ago all they had was 400

speed color and B&W. Frugal Photographer also has B&W film in stock, or did a couple of weeks ago when I placed

an order.