if you know the link to download 'adobe Bridge' free, please link so it could be tested

Bridge is part of Creative Cloud (and possibly in other packages). If you go to the Adobe web site and click on "free trial" under the creative Cloud bit, you should have access to all the elements of Cloud, including a trial download of Bridge. Which version you need depends which country you're in, though - Adobe.com should sort that out for you.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

hmmm.. at least for this software, since its' from adobe seems that adobe makes a lot of this stuff very confusing

that's unfortunate since they dominate certain classes/types of softwares

anyhow can someone that knows just link

this has already been very confusing (and taking a long time)

Try here (if you're in the US), look for Bridge, and there's a "Download trial" option. (I can't vouch for it working - I already have Creative Cloud installed, so I can't trivially do another trial.)

Why Bridge, though? I've always thought of it as a basic browsing tool for getting things into Photoshop...

Oh, sorry, I interpreted your mention of testing as an indicating that you wanted to try it out before purchase. I never assumed it was free (although it's bundled with various other packages).

What are you actually wanting to use it for? We might be able to suggest a free alternative.

I included the link already in your previous thread: Adobe Creative Cloud . For me, this link starts the download. It's a very little effort to try for yourself whether it's a trial or still the free version (it used to be free for sure).

Andrew, in the other thread of the poster, multiple suggestions for alternatives were done already.

Andrew, in the other thread of the poster, multiple suggestions for alternatives were done already.

Oh, sorry - I'd missed that was the same poster. I'd tuned out of the thread since I just use the integrated file management utilities in the operating systems to copy files around, and they seem to provide sufficient previews for me to know what I'm looking at. I only ever really used Cloud to ensure that it was Adobe software that was going to open something (rather than any of the other tools I have installed). But I don't claim to be organised!

integrated file management utilities

the solution i've come to is installing mutiple file exploeres

on macos and win10

this would've been the most helpful reply to the needs asked in that post

given that there are:

1. unanswered / unsolved questions in that thread

2. & inaccurate info in the comments

this is in many ways the current best solution to the needs

Edited by needgoodsoftware

in the other thread there were no conclusive answers so far

Sorry, but it is not possible to give you some conclusive answer to which software is best for you. We're different people, with different requirements and different ideas about what makes a program useful and usable than others.

Glad to hear you found a solution, but do realise that this is the best for you, and not a generic solution that will be perfect for everybody. This being a public forum, all the other suggestions may be useful to somebody else finding these threads, and the statement that all suggestions given were no answer or inaccurate is just completely false. All suggestions given were perfectly viable solutions. The fact they did not work for you doesn't change that.

And again, if anyone wants to know if Bridge is still free or not: download it and install it, and see what happens. It's an incredibly small effort to find out for yourself.

dudeeee, its ok to be sorry if you mean it, but you seem like you're more arguing, anywho

there was no answers, im telling you, why dont you listen?

also if you dont know dont create bad inaccurate info

there's enough low quality on the web, if you dont know, dont reply

Edited by needgoodsoftware

Calm, please, needgoodsoftware - we're all just nice people trying to help. I'm sorry you're frustrated.

For others in a similar predicament, may I ask which file explorers exactly did you install?

I've just used Finder and Windows Explorer (i.e. the file browsers built into the operating systems), both of which have views that show you image thumbnails. They don't show you anything on the folder itself (which I realise is a feature that you requested), but since I often have a range of stuff stored in the same folder that wouldn't necessarily help me much anyway - I just name the folders in a way that gives me a chance of working out what's in them (e.g. "2018-05-07 Bluebells"). I realise that other tools offer extended functionality, but there's such a range of different tooling out there with different sets of functionality, any individual recommendation is hard to make - one man's "critical feature" is another's "confusing extraneous nonsense". There are a lot of different work flows out there, and those who didn't respond probably felt that theirs, like mine, didn't sound like it would meet your requirements.

I'm not sure quite what information on the original thread was actually inaccurate. (If there was some, I hope it was corrected by a later post, which is the best we can do on a forum like this - we're not a paid technical support site.) Perhaps you could elaborate over there so we don't leave erroneous information for future readers?

well where's the link so at least i could see it?

or a link that it's not free anymore?

i dont generally archive everything i read on other forums by saving links. but in passing i saw another request for free software and a respondant answered with complete assurance it's not free anymore.

when it was free, i did download whatever was free and gave it a test drive. i dont need or use any of them so it all got trashed.

if you seriously want that software link, do some leg work and search the net for it. google is your friend. so dont be frustrated with the small efforts of the kindness we offer.

The more you say, the less people listen.

• 2 months later...