Identifying Ilford 400 speed film without the seal

<p>Hi,<br>

In the heat of a shoot I lost the seal with the identifying info for a roll of 120 Ilford film (either Delta 400 or HP5) which I sealed with a rubberband. Does anyone know if there is some sort of code on the backing paper which identifies the film? All I saw was the number 4.<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>There's a minute difference in development time between HP5 and Delta 400 using DDX. After rolling the film (last night before becoming aware of this issue) I was surprised to discover that there isn't any identifying info printed on the backing paper, but I realize after reading Ed's response that I could develop the leader to find out. I'll have to decide if the film is important enough to unroll, cut the leader, transfer to an empty tank, and reroll. Thanks for the responses!</p>

<p>Actually, I think what Ed was saying is, once you get the film loaded on the reel, and sealed in the tank, look at the leader of the <em>backing paper</em> . The film type might be printed on the backing paper. It is for the Pan F Plus I have upstairs.</p>