I'd like your opinion regarding APS-C Sony camera bodies?

mark_stephan2

I know no one has a crystal ball but I'm still curious as to why Sony which is very popular among my friends, why don't they produce an APSC bodied A7II or A7III. I've borrowed and used the A6000 and hated it. The images were comparable to my A77 but the camera is to small and uncomfortable for me to use.

I doubt there'll be a form-factor change, but I'll be buying a 6700 when it comes out. I'll use it along side my a9 and a7RIII, for when I need higher pixel-density. It'll fit nicely in my backpack. I'll only need it in situations where high pixel-density is an advantage. That could be a lot, since I'm often shooting feathers and fur.

I doubt there'll be a form-factor change

Same here. High time though to get the APS-C Series up to the technical standards of the A7 and A9 Series. I might be interested in a Sony APS-C body at one point for the same reason stated above - but it is not a high priority and I do have misgivings about the mismatch of camera body size and the size of lenses I would want to use on it.

I use the Sony a6000 camera and recently added the very fine Sony/Zeiss 16=70mm 4.0 lens to it. I also use the Sony 55-210mm 4.5 to 6.3 lens which is slow at 6.3 on the long end but surprisingly good for the price. The newer a6300 and a6500 cameras add features to the already feature packed a6000. For me it's my small go to camera with great versatility and image quality. Take a look at Chris Burkard, a young surf and adventure photographer based in Pismo Beach, CA. His earlier surf photography was mostly done with the combination of the Sony a6000 and the Sony 70-200mm 4.0 lens combination which he said he liked because of the fast focus and frame rate. Later he added the A7 R II and shot great photos around the world including an Alaska trip.

Chris Burkard

I have to agree with the previous poster. I like my recently acquired a6000 a lot. The very attraction is having a smaller, lightweight camera that doesn't sacrifice image quality for size.

Sony's MILCs are competing against DSLRs, and I don't see the point in them throwing away the weight and size advantage by artificially inflating the camera to imitate a DSLR.

As I found out when trying to find a case for my a6000, it's not actually that small. It won't fit in the cases designed for most digital compacts, for example, but rattles around in a small DSLR pouch. I'd call it mid-sized, comparable with an old folding Retina or Canonet, or even dare I say a Leica, except a tad lighter in weight.