<p>I am so sorry to post this question here, but I am getting nowhere with any Apple support or forums. Won't let me post my question. So here it is and hope someone can help.<br>

OK, I am baffled, I thought I understood how this worked. I just upgraded to 1TB for about $10 USD/mo on iCloud and began doing a little more experimentation. Sometimes what I am trying to do works and sometimes it doesn't. So here it is in a nutshell. <br>

I am planning on using iCloud as "ONE" (not my only) of my forms of backing up video and camera RAW files for a year long trip. I have a Windows based (Windows 10) laptop that fits easily into my backpack. I plan of using my second card slot in my Nikon as an automatic backup for my shots with a micro SD card that will fit into the tiny laptop. When my main card is full I will take the micro SD card out of the camera and drag the images from the SD card slot to the iCloud drive. Done. Well sometimes during my test runs, everything that I have dragged to the iCloud drive on my small laptop shows up in the cloud on my desktop. I can open my desktop where all processing will be done upon my return from my trip using Photoshop, etc. and open both RAW photos and video. However, sometimes my desktop shows my iCloud drive as emtpy. What's going on? I have downloaded the proper iCloud for windows to both of these computers. Am I missing something in the setting.<br>

Again, the Cloud will not be my only form of back up but it will be the only one that can't get stolen while I am traveling. AND that's important.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>