ICC profiles and uploaded photos

janko_belaj

<p>I'm working with ICC profiles and I'm embedding them in my photos, but when uploaded on photo.net site, it looks that the profile have been "lost" or "disabled" by some wired gremlins... The last photo I uploaded looks now as 100 times washed t-shirt on any computer system I can use, no mather do I enable or disable reading of color profiles in my browsers. <br>

Where is the problem? Is your server capable of providing pictures with ICC profiles? (I don't think that my profiles are wrong embedded - they are working on my others sites.)</p>

<p>Tnx, Janko</p>

There is little point to profiles in uploaded images because browsers in general do not use profiles. The code is not actually set to strip out the profiles, except in the case of Photoshop 7 images, where one of the embedded profiles actually breaks many browsers. Our software allows only the ability to strip out all profiles, and we do in the case of PS 7 images.

If you would like to optimize your images for display on the Web, the best approach is to convert them to sRGB, since most browsers assume that. Somebody reported that IE on the Mac uses the embedded profile. If this is true, it is the only known browser/platform combination where this is so, representing a negligible percentage or our user base.

As a member of the negligible percentage :-) who uses IE on a

Mac I'm sorry to say that I experience the same washed out look

Janko speaks of if I go straight from PS to Photonet, so I don't

think profiles are coming into play.

What I do is to view my images in QuickTime Picture Viewer

before posting because it is very close to what I will see over the

web. I will then make adjustments to the file and view again in

Picture Viewer until I get what I want.