I would like to change my name

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by dw fletcher, Apr 12, 2005.

1. This name that I'm using now is a really old pseudonym that I used to
    use in college. I don't use it anymore, and was wondering if it's
    possible to change it to my real name?

Thanks.

2. Aw, nuts. You had me thinking your father was a Greek god.

3. Ah me too!!! I wanna be Joe Average.

4. Go to "My Workspace" - at the bottom under "you,you,you" click on "update". Here you can change your onscreen name and other details such as e-mail address.

5. I'd like to change my name too. I tried under you, you, you... and couldn't. When I registered I thought my username would be the name shown online, not my whole real name. I don't like it.

6. There may have been some talk recently of freezing names as they are to prevent "abuse". Perhaps that's taken effect now.

7. Names are frozen. Get in touch with one of the moderators and ask them to change it for you.

8. Whatever you choose ,dont make it John Doe .
    Serious what is wrong with your name?

9. Nothing...that's why he wants to use it.

10. pmj

pmj

Dave is right; you cannot change your name. I could do it for you, but I will only change (obvious) nicknames into (obvious) real names. Contact me by e-mail with details if you like. Note however, that I am not in charge here and that Brian has a final say.

11. Thanks for your reply. I'll email you.

12. Just call me ansel adams.

13. oh, thanks for the reply. After some thought, it worries me a little having my real name on the internet. But, no harm has come of it yet...

14. Patrick has never emailed me back. I would still like to change my name if someone who can do that reads this.