I took the batteries out of my Nikon....

steve_vancosin

Since the introduction of the Pentax645n I was curious as to how this system would perform once lenses that would be useful to my particular brand of photography were available. With the recent introduction of the 80-160 zoom I decided to give it a try. This camera paired with this lens is a perfect combination for my portrait work! My previous favorite combo for fast moving and flexable portrait work was the N90s and the 80-200 2.8, I reserved medium format for quiet subjects or slow paced work. After running a few dozen rolls through the Pentax, I can see now that I can have my cake and eat it too! The focus is dead on and quite a bit faster than I could manage manually, and the

zoom lets me maximize film area by allowing precise cropping. In fact I can shoot both a head and shoulders and a 3/4 pose in the time it would take to shoot one exposure with the old MF camera. One more kudo for that lens, itfocuses down to 3 feet so no tubes necessary for the tight headshot! In short, this setup was made