I see some bolex 16mm are 100-300 dollars some 1000-2000 whats the difference?

While I know nothing at all about the specifics of old Bolex models, I do know that many people offering older, high-end equipment seem never to have heard of either market or depreciation -- they think only of the original price when new.

The only kind of useful assessment of current value is the prices of such items as they are actually SOLD (eBay has a button for this).

Anyone can offer something for any price they want to, but unless some naive person wonders in off the street, they won't get such prices.

If these are working, the prices sound cheap. Be aware that 50 mm and shorter lenses for the reflex models (which these are) should be marked RX on the barrel for best performance. Other than that, the mount is a standard C mount which is common, and there are adapters available for lots of other lenses to C mount. JDM's advice about checking prices is good--a lot of eBay prices can be sky high.

Yeah, the cheaper Bolex 16mm cameras are just straight shooters like the old B&H Filmos. The Reflex models are where you begin to see a jump in prices. Obviously the more recent H16 Reflexes are worth the most, and can command quite a bit of green. Also prices can be affected by lenses in the turret, if any. Some of those lenses can be worth a lot. I recently sold a first model H16 Reflex -- body only -- for about $500, and a 10mm RX lens for $200. And it was cheap at $200 too.

I've found this guy to be the best authority on the 'net when it comes to Bolexes:

Bolex Collector | Cameras | H-16

Edited by mwmcbroom