OK, I need some scanning/manipulation/printing personal instruction

in the Boston area. There is a huge difference in the quality of

picture posts here from very good to poor. I am stuck in the middle

and need to upgrade my skills.

Is anybody willing to take on a student? If not does anybody have

some recommendations for me?

Thanks,

Gerry

I agree that personal instructions are probably a very good way to go. I've had the same feeling, however, buying a book like "The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby will allow you to make progress. </p>

What appears to be a very good workshop is Nikon photographer <a href="http://www.srbphoto.com/wkendsem">Stephen Brown's weekend workshops</a>. I've been tempted to take one of these myself, but then again, I haven't really gotten into doing my own printing yet. </p>

Now, I would like to take the same instructions for developing my own website...

I got a lot of help from THE UNDERSTANDING SERIES at the luminous-landscape site:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/

I have PhotoShop Elements and have learned basic manipulations from scanned negatives and slides. Learn adjustments to color balance, brightness & contrast, and sizing the images for final use. Then go into more depth such as masks and layers. There are fairly good books which also help. The digital tools are very nice but realize it�s an art to eye a digital image and make adjustments to your own sense of what�s good. Develop your artistic skills at least as much as you develop your abilities to understand the digital tools.

You might try www.capecodphotoworkshops.com Their sessions are run Spring/Summer/Fall and they have one on Digital Scanning, Color Management and Printing by Bob Korn who runs a professional digital lab in Orleans. Bob might also give individual workshops during the winter at his lab. His photographer clients include some well known professionals in the area.

I agree with this I bought the book 3 days ago having decided to have a real go at this

photoshop thing:) I't great I have learned more in 3 days than from messing around

with PS in the last 3 yrs, and it's FUN :) i havn't been to bed at a decent hour all week.

good luck