I need an application to recover an external hard disk

<p>I will appreciate your suggestions for an application suitable for recovering external hard disks. The problem is just logical (my best guess).<br>

Inside the disk there is a floder with erratic behaviour, the antivirus is updated and reports nothing about virus pr threads.<br>

Thanks in advance</p>

<p>In this sense, external disks are no other than internal disks.<br>

Which OS are you using? In case of Windows, try running a disk check in the external disk first. It should sort most of the common problems related to the filesystem or damaged files.</p>

<p>But a bit more explicit description of the problematic behaviour (exact errormessages, description of what/how/when, details on your system) will help a lot in giving your better detailed advice.</p>

• 8 months later...

<p>Hi All,<br>

Try connecting your external hard drive to any healthy computer and see whether it’s getting detected. If it gets detected try using a recovery software to recover your data. When I face any situation like you I use Yodot Photo Recovery software to recover photos, videos, music, documents, emails and many other file types. It is one of the best utility to <a href="http://www.yodot.com/photo-recovery/photos-from-hard-drive.html">recover photos from hard drive</a>. Hope this software helps you in recovering your data from external drive</p>