I need a sigma lens adapter

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by adam_duffy|1, Jul 9, 2010.

  1. I have a T2I and I bought this lens off a guy Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro DF
    What adapter is there that I can get to use this lens?
    Thanks in advance
  2. Does the Sigma lens have a Canon EF mount?
    If so, then I don't think you need anything!
  3. Is it an EOS mount? If so, you don't need an adapter - just put in on the camera and it will work.
    If it isn't an EOS mount, you could probably find an adapter; but realistically your best option is to sell it and buy one made for EOS...
  4. Adapters exist, but using one will more than likely turn it into a FTM lens. If the lens doesn't have its own aperture control, you're limited to devices like the Novoflex ring, which costs around $270.
    You should always check to make sure you're buying the correct versions of Sigma and Tamron lenses.
  5. By correct, Ben means EOS EF or EF-S compatible products, of course.
    Contemporary lenses of some mounts can be put on a Canon EOS camera with an adapter, but you will not have any automatic anything, so the adapter route only makes sense for older all-manual lenses. Even then, it's for people who like fooling around with old lenses, not as a regular lens on your camera for day-to-day photography.
  6. Maybe he needs a ROM update...
  7. That could be of course, but it would need to be a pretty old lens. I think too much time has gone by for Sigma to offer "rechipping" any more. If this is the problem, it never hurts to ask them, of course.
  8. If your Sigma has a Canon EF(s) mount it will work, no adapter needed. If not you could get an adapter on ebay but I recommend selling the lens and buying the Canon EF(s) version instead. This way you might be able to roll the profit from selling into your new version rather that having to deal with incompatibility issues.
  9. I can only assume you bought a lens that's not an EOS mount. Since the lens is a recent model, it's going to be electronic aperture control if it's for a Nikon, but you don't say what type of camera it's for. An adapter won't be of a lot of help if you can't change the aperture manually. Sell it and buy a lens with the right mount - Canon EF or EFS.
    According to Sigma's website: http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/24-70mm-f28-ex-dg-macro-sigma

Share This Page