I just made an account!

<p>Hi! I just made an account on photo.net and decided to introduce myself. I'm from the United States and I'm not like a professional photographer or anything but I really enjoy doing it in my free time! Please check out our (I share it with my friend) photos and tell us what you think or if you have any suggestions. Anything would help! Thank you very much :)</p>

<p><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/joycenitika">http://www.flickr.com/photos/joycenitika</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Welcome to photo.net, Joyce. I, too, am relatively new and am not at all a pro photographer...I'm in my first year with this digital stuff. One thing I have found out about this particular community is that it really helps to get involved--post a few of your photos, ask for a critique of an image on the critique forum, give a few critiques to others, ask questions, answer questions if you think you might have something to contribute, and so on. Another thing I learned very quickly: the search box is your friend! I can't tell you how many questions I have had that were answered when I typed in a few key words in that little container at the top of the page. This place is absolutely loaded with information and expertise. Another thing I do is I look at every photo that appears across the top of the home page every day...I look at each one carefully and I read the critiques to see what others say about the images...if I am intrigued by a particular photographer, I'll go check out more of their portfolio. Great way to learn. And don't forget the "Learning" tab, too. I did check out your images and it looks like you are off to a great start and, most importantly, it seems that you have the passion--that is key! So, again, welcome, dive in and have fun!</p>

<p>Welcome Joyce,<br>

I've been hanging around here a year and learned a lot. One suggestions is to check out the critique forum. You'll see some beautiful photographs and I suspect this will stimulate your own photography ideas. Another spot to check out is the "No Words" forum. It's a nice place to post some theme photographs and see what other people are doing around an idea. <br>

I'll look forward to seeing your own work.<br>

Take care.</p>