I just got an M9 a few hours ago!

Alex_Es

<p>Today Sawako and I went up to Osaka and bought a black M9 for me. Here are my immediate impressions.</p>

<p>Wow! Full frame!</p>

<p>The controls are easy to figure out. It took me a few minutes to get the basics. It's a lot like my M8 but actually easier to operate.</p>

<p>I like the wide choice of ISO settings. Right now I have it on ISO 800. (It's evening here.)</p>

<p>It is quieter than the M8. Not news.</p>

<p>I don't miss the 1/8000 sec. shutter speed. Not yet.</p>

<p>I have only tried a few lenses with it and fiddled with the lens detection function. I do not know if it is really useful yet.</p>

<p>If anyone has any tips, I'll appreciate them.</p>

<p>Here is a shot of my baby in classic black and white.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Yujm-370985584.jpg.6a1dd4aff247683f0dfaaf8f47654730.jpg</div>

<p>I hope you enjoy it Alex, it is a huge improvement over the M8, at least in my eyes. I suggest you download the latest firmware as well, as it solves most of the problem with the red edges that showed up on wide angle lenses (28 and wider mostly...). I am sure you will love shooting on full frame again...</p>

<p>Yes, Alex, thank you. I have always enjoyed reading your sensible, polite, meaningful, conctructive, diplomatic, positive comments here - and I go back to good old days when Al Kaplan used to be with us. Times have changed and so have people and photographic gear. I would love to own M9 but sitting on the fence for time being until another version of Leica M9 comes out under disguise. Have loads of fun with your M9 and enjoy it, life is too short my friend. Best wishes - Afzal</p>