I haven't been here for so long- what's everyone doing?

Hi, Stacy. I'm sure I remember you... :-)

In a couple of days I'll be filming a couple of arts reviewers at a big art deco exhibition before it opens to the public. Then we're going to the opera for possibly rehearsals (still photography only).

I'm shooting 35mm again, oddly enough. I swore I'd give it up. Those pesky Leicas.

No gossip AFAIK but Sony is introducing a DSLR with a 24x36mm sensor to save us from the currently two-horse race between Canon and Nikon in that market segment. But you don't need to read these pages to know that. :-)

And you?

That sounds like a lot of fun Karim- seems like the opera will have all sorts of interesting light and colors. And funny you should mention 35mm because just yesterday I went and picked up my eos-3 from my studio. It's just been sitting there for months on a shelf, but I want to start using film for my personal snapshots again so I don't have to put everything on the computer. Some things I would rather just send off and get tidy little 4x6 proofs from :) If you were choosing a film based on getting the best blues which would you choose?

I've been shooting a lot of editorial stuff lately for a local food magazine and tomorrow I'm going to start shooting the food for a cookbook. Hopefully I'll get around to updating my portfolio and website soon too...that's high on my to do list!

Anyone else doing anything?

I usually drop in to the site briefly on most days but it seems, to me, that several members who regularly gave so much excellent advice in the past rarely appear now. I wonder what happended to them.

I tend to spend more time on a UK wildlife site now, so perhaps some of the previous regulars are doing something similar.

The best blues - well I don't know I'm afraid! But I have two recommendations on stocks in general. One is Fuji Pro 800Z and the other is Fuji 160C. They're both negs and I don't really plan on using transparency film anymore as negs give much finer grain and resolving power (contrary to what some people assume). Slides are very convenient and still useful but if you're scanning, as you probably know, negatives rule. I do wish slides were as good as negs though.