I have asked still need an answer. I have a profile photo I like. How I remove the image around it

terrypittman

OK, bad suggestion. Here's another brilliant idea: Go to the upload page from the orange box top right. Go to "photos". Each photo has a drop down box. Under "settings", and "set cover photo" either select a photo that would be less distracting as a background or a plain black photo (I took a lot of those in my rangefinder days). I think if you chose nothing you are stuck with a P/N generic background. Not good from what I remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Again, Terry, try to be more detailed and specific. I would be happy to help you if possible if I understood what you wanted. I have no idea what "an image in cover photo" is. And, obviously others don't either. Take the time to write more than a few words. Describe what exactly you want removed, in as much detail as you can think of, where it is on photo.net, how it got there, etc. Also, if you could link us to it so we could SEE what you're talking about, that might help as well.
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Fred, I think Terry is trying to take us to his account settings but the link he provided is generic and takes each user to their own account settings. I doubt we have permission to view one another’s account settings.

I suspect he is trying to change his cover photo but is unable to due to some bug. I, for example, can’t change my avatar.

If I understand your original question, you have a photo you want use as your PN profile but the photo contains things you want to erase.

That requires a photo editor. The following link shows one way in Photoshop Elements.

Removing the Background from a Picture in Photoshop Elements 3

For other methods, search using keywords like delete, remove, cut out, background, photo.