I hate fraudsters!!!!

amy cupp

So I get this email " Greetings, my friend told me about ur photos and,

i saw ur advert with a nice and lovely pics. i'd like to let you know that

i'm interested in having ur service as my wedding photographer in my forth

coming wedding on the 24th of november 2007. I'm Parker Rosenman i'm a model,

i live in dallas , texas USA wth my mum. But Presently am in essex london

on a modelling contract which i hope to be back home soon to join my fiance.

But my fiance lives in San Francisco , CA 94115 USA and that the place our

wedding is going to hold.

It could have been good enough to hear from you,if you will be available

as ny wedding photographer on 24th of november 2007,if yes kindly mail me back

with the ur pricelist immediately so as to proceed.....i could have making

this a phone order but there is a little problem with the network of the state

so bear with me in a couple of days.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Have a nice and wonderfull day ahead.

Parker Rosenman ."

Okay so how many Texans do you know call their mom "Mum"? Next question, where

exactly do you want me to wire the money that you will accidentally over pay

me??? Obviously it is fraud and the frausters must have missed out on what I do

for a day job. The sad thing is people fall for this every day and it bankrupts

them quite often.

I always tell them that I have a new policy of only photographing attractive people. Ask him to send a photograph of himself holding a sign that reads "Amy Cupp". If you can get him to do that see if you can get him to send a photo of his fiance. The next step is to convince him that you want to do a "trash the dress session". See if he would be willing to do that. Then break it to him that their will be some nudity involved so you need to see what he looks like naked. And his fiance. Be sure to post all of the photographs for our enjoyment. :-)

Mine wa a BIT different. I haev a lens for sale here and the guy tells me he is from the US living in Australia. Lens is 1100.00. I get an e-mail saying he is sending a check for 4500.00 and that I should just give a check for the difference to the shipping company to return to him. Funny. For being from the US, his english verbage looks like bad Asian. I work for an electronic component distributor and we see this type of thing weekly. This guys namd was DArren SMith with an AOL e-mail address. I gave the info to support and he has been removed. Sad, but he will be back with a new name and e-mail address.

Steve

I get a bunch of those all the time. Once I got the exact same letter stating the same church time and location from 2 differnt guys one names james david and the other from matt brian. both claiming to be deaf and getting married in new jersery. I just copied the letter from eachother back into the replys, asked which one of them would be wearing the dress and sent it off. ( I didnt hear back by the way) but alot of times ( which really helps me determine which are scams) I will have two ads ( that look dif. enough) and I will get the same email multiple times over in reponse to both ads.( i wonder hw many other people they are sending the exact same thing to! Also broken english is a great clue.

I would fall for it if I didn't belong to these forums. Sometimes you just have to trust people. My parents got one of those you won letters from Publisher's Clearing House with a check for $13,000. Because I'm such a skeptic, I nearly had them convinced it was worthless. There was a number to call to give the person their social security number. Oh, if that doesn't raise a red flag. When all said and done, they did call the number and were winners of $13,000. Ever since then, I have been more trusting so I would have fallen for it.

I am SO glad I googled the Parker Roseman name. I was not surprised at the "mum" reference as if he was originally from the United Kingdom, they use that sort of talk. People mis-spelling or abbreviating i.e. "ur" well I see that all the time on the net period, even if you go to chat rooms, you will see that. But what got me was I just replied who referred me. Parker wrote back some name that did not jive, I did not recognize. I wrote back and said they could not afford me.... they are across the country, would be better to hire someone in the state...and I inflated this outrageous figure. I figured end of story... what made ME suspicious was "Parker" wrote back that they accepted my "pricelist" none was sent, and they will send a certified bank money order as soon as I provide a mailing addy.... Desperate almost.... I am too much a common sense person. Thank you AMY for posting. At the last minute, I thought I would google the guy's name and I found your forum. Thank you SO much. I believe I will Email him back and tell him that the cops should be at his door momentarily! Cindy

Has anyone recieved an email from a guy named "Robert Howard"? I got got onee today and the english isnt as bad, but anytime someone has 2 first names, for their name, or the first line out of their mouth is "I am from the UK" I am almost 100% sure its a scam...

• 2 months later...

PARKER ROSENMAN is at it again. I got this exact same email today, saying the wedding would be on January 23rd.

Ive only been running my own business for two months,and have already gotten 3 different scammers. Its so ridiculous. FYI- the first scammer was calling themself "Jane Harry". The second one claimed to themselves be the London-based wedding photographer named "Nathan".

BE CAREFUL out there.

I got the same email. I responded to the email, and they wanted to pay with a cashier's check then pay the rest on the wedding day. They gave me a location that the wedding would take place, Somersworth Hotel,67 Elm St, Somersworth,NH . I tried looking up the place... guess what... the phone number was disconnected. There's a shock! I replied I want payment in full with credit card. What model DOESN'T have credit cards?!?!

• 2 months later...

My wife and I are in the video biz. We posted an ad on craigslist offering videoraphy and editing. We a couple days ago we got that lady mentioned on the top of this page "Parker Rosenman i'm a model, i live in Dallas , Texas USA"

Well, today I get this email:

Hello ,

Am Ray Linda, It's my pleasure to invite you to my Mothers 60th Birthday Thanks giving service which is going to take place at Grey Eagle Tavern & Music Hall. 185 Clingman Ave Asheville, NC 28801 on March 1st 2008, please let me know if your company will be available on that day to take coverage and necessary things at the events

So if you will be available on that day, let us know your package for like 5 hours, presently am not in the state but it's my duty to take care of this part that's why, I have to contacted you myself. Let me know if you can receive your payment with a CHECK OR MONEY ORDER from my client in the states. Hope to heard from you soon.

Thanks

Ray Linda

Isn't there a task force that can set up a sting?

I Just wanted to let people know in case they get this letter too. So, I guess fraudsters look for there victims on CL. if it's anything out of state or country, no thanks.<div>00OQJk-41732684.thumb.jpg.d9715335054d21c93fbf8de528cd0dbf.jpg</div>

Robert Blue - Please read up on the guidelines

When uploading images you need to size the image to 511 pixels or less in width. Second - you need to fill something in in the caption blank. We do not want links in the forum threads. Thanks - Moderator