I don't need a brand new Bessa R - I have this

Petri Color Corrected Super 1.9 with new leatherette - or actually

morocco grain leather I bought from the surplus of a former GDR

company.

Had to replace the focussing helicoid since it was stuck (and damaged

during attemps to free it... had a CC 2.8 junker body to cannibalize).

Leatherette was bristle and impossible to reglue correctly. Lens had

minor fungus which was removed with microfiber cloth. Shutter has been

tested and runs accurate except for 1/500 which is a bit slow. The

dial on top is NOT an exposure meter dial but a combined film reminder

and frame counter.<div>00DGw7-25249684.thumb.JPG.cbdc087c1115e414895b1c87ba262b5d.JPG</div>

I rememeber when I was just learning to operate adjustable cameras, these cameras with lenses faster that f/2 were still pretty new; a 1.7 was a big deal and a 1.4 was hot stuff indeed. Expensive, too, as I recall; that camera probably cost more than my first (or second, or even third) car. These days, we'll pick 'em up in "needs TLC" condition for $50, put another $50 into parts and materials, and have everything we'd have had in 1970, for a cost of a couple bulk rolls of Tri-X.

Gotta get this Petri 7S back in service again...

"These days, we'll pick 'em up in "needs TLC" condition for $50, put another $50 into parts and materials, and have everything we'd have had in 1970, for a cost of a couple bulk rolls of Tri-X."

This one even was less than USD 50 including air mail shipment to Germany. Of course you do not calcutate the labour costs of DIY fixing. The new helicoid came from a CC2.8 junker, some other parts went into a second CC 2.8 which I am going to sell (without new leatherette).

A local antique shop has a mint condition Petri 7s for $20. The meter still works, but I cant recall is the meter coupled to the lens or do you have to take a reading then set the lens? This had it original lens cap still on, so meter is reacting to light. Oh its the 1.8 lens

also.