I am looking for pictures taken with Rebel XTI....

lindsay_drake

400$ for a new XTi? That sounds like a possible scam. B&H sells it 710$ (new XT is going for 530$). Where are you going to buy it from? Is it a reliable store? Look at http://www.resellerratings.com/

Anyway, a set of 430EX + 50/1.8 + 85/1.8 USM will set you back at 650$ at B&H. It is an extremely competent set for portrait photography at a moderate cost.

Happy shooting,

Yakim.

Yes, $400. XTI body only..www.century21electronics.com

$359.99 plus shipping.

also at www.ccicameracity.com $379.00

Check them out! I know it looks to good to be true but I have found 700+ reviews on century21electronics....so it sound reliable.

Thanks for the info! I could hardly believe it myself!

Lindsay

You can find lots of photographs taken by the Rebel Xti at sites such as pbase.com that provide a search feature by camera or lens - and all they really reveal is how competent or otherwise the photographer was (even for those pictures that purport to be lens tests). However, if you want some useful guidance about lenses within your now reduced budget, it may help rather more to indicate what sort of subjects you intend to photograph. Bear in mind that some subjects really require lenses that are way outside your budget (e.g. floodlit field sports, birds in the wild, etc.).

Lindsy,

B&H has the Rebel xti, body only,for $709. Rebel xt, body only, for $534. Anybody selling much below these prices are running some kind of scam, as has already been pointed out. That will leave you room for a couple of lenses like Yakim has mentioned that will get you off to a very good start. Good luck.