I am a photographer because (Insert YOUR answer here)

davidaten

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I am a photographer because that's what people choose to call me when they see me taking photographs or see my works displayed. In other moments I am a cabinet maker, hiker, father, classical music lover, car enthusiast, etc. etc. I've enjoyed using cameras and darkrooms since I was a kid, and some of my most endearing photos have survived all those years. The digital age just brought new tools and learning challenges.</p>

<p>Because I am a gifted person and photography gives me something creative to latch on to that is ever changing and satisfying...I use photography to help define me and my being. I may not be a super photographer, but I am out there improving in my own little ways.</p>

<p>.....because every time I see a captured image it astounds me that I can capture something like that.....even the crap....heh.....told ya my new buzz word was gonna be crap. But seriously......stop and think.....you can take the world AND your feelings/impressions of it and put it onto a 2 dimensional object like a piece of paper. It just doesn't get any better.</p>

<p>...because it gives me something creative to do (however badly!) in a life that is otherwise quite logical, rational and serious.</p>

<p>...because it forces me to actively look at, rather than to passively see, the world.</p>

<p>[PS: Well written Michael O, beautifully expressed]</p>