<p>At the recommendation of others on this forum, I bought a Hyperdrive Colorspace U and a 2.5" 500mb drive, which arrived today. However, nothing I do seems to be able to get the device to turn on. I have done what the manual says (hold down the top-left button a few seconds, then the central button) but no dice. What is the problem? Can it be that the device is still charging (I have tried to turn it on while plugged into the AC adaptor, and while unplugged, with the same negative result). Or could it be that I have not set the drive to the "master mode" (whatever that means)? I am totally flummoxed!</p>

<p>Just to let you all know, the device was determined to be defective and Hyperdrive agreed to take it back, though not before giving me rather a hard time about it. Because I needed to have a new unit in hand before I returned home to China, I ended up going to B&H in NYC and buying it locally, where interestingly I was able to get a unit with a 40gb hard drive for even less than Hyperdrive sells the case-only version for. Live and learn!</p>