the price was too good to be true. A complete Mamiya RB67, including

the normal lens and a 120 back, from a reputable professional camera

vendor, including a 15-day right of inspection/return guarantee, for

UNDER $400!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

ViewItem&item=2934364886&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

I can't imagine a better time to get into MF gear for the serious

hobbyist.

Hmmm - Nine years ago I DID pick up two Kowa Six bodies and 55, 85 and 150 lenses for $500. But that doesn't mean this wasn't a stupendous deal as well, given the difference in age/serviceablility/format.

Sold the Kowa setup to an art student (at a pass-along price) once my darkroom went digital, since there were no 6x6 scanners under $20,000 at the time. Perhaps a mistake.....

Good stuff! I got a similar deal a few months back from a gentleman in San Jose...Seems he wanted to be a pro photographer, bought all this gear, and didn't use it twice! I worked a deal with him, and got a RB67 Professional S kit, including Body, Back & Insert, WLF, Sports Finder, 90mm Lens w/ caps, strap, lens hood, body caps, and the Grip, for $440 bucks! The best part was that the gear looked as if it had been sitting in a box the whole time he had it! Not a scratch, or anything else on it!

Sold all that and bought a Hasselblad kit with 2 backs and tons of goodies.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Tell me about it. I just tried to sell a *complete* RD67 system (3 lenses, backs, etc., etc., see the FS ad on photo.net). We're moving to an apartment so thoought my darkroom stuff would have to go. But with a little work I'm turning a walk-in closet into a darkroom. So I will continue to use the beautiful hunk o'camera for a while.

What really burns me is that some of my 30 year-old cameras still make great images, but I wonder in 30 years will there even be a readable digital format.

Just my two cents worth.