Howdy from Texas...

Howdy!

I am new to this forum and I am impressed with the site's corporate knowledge and its members (compared to other forums that I have visited). I really enjoy reading everyone's discourses here.

I am learning a lot from you all. I began in photography in 1983 with the Canon T-50 and became a dedicated Canon user every since once my photographic skills evolved from a casual shooter to a more serious (advanced) user. I have used Nikon, Pentax, and Olympus cameras...and they are great systems as well. I prefer Canon. My favorite Canon is still the Canon A-1. I own the Canon A-1 (2x), Canon FTb (2x), Canon T-90 (2x), Canon EOS Rebel GII, Canon EOS 1 (2x), and recently the Canon 6D to experiment with the digital format. I also now own a Kodak Retina IIIc to play with a manual classic camera.

Have fun everyone, may God bless you, and stay safe!!

Alfonso

A hearty welcome to PN, Alfonso!

For me, PN took a bit of getting used to at first compared to some other photo sites. It's not so 'glossy' but you're right: the depth of knowledge and experience and willingness to help here are unrivalled anywhere else. It's also a very friendly community. No egos, no sniping, no flame-wars (or at least very few) and no posts just to get likes, ratings or a a high 'pulse'. The mods here do a great job of keeping things running smoothly (within their limitations) and giving occasional gentle reminders that even 'heated discussions' need to be respectful.

I don't have your film photography experience though most members do. Sure, I've shot film. But for me, photography as a hobby only started in 2002/2003 with my first digital camera (a Canon G6). One thing we share in common is that I (exclusively) use a Canon 6D too. I bought it (used) perhaps 5 or 6 years ago. Now and again, I've wondered about maybe 'upgrading'. I've even looked at some alternatives. But I can still do everything I want to do with the 6D. So I'm sticking with it for the foreseeable future. It's still a great camera.

• 2 months later...

Hello Alfonso Martinez,

Welcome to the forum. There is much information on here to learn from & a lot of it is correct.

Some things I hope you remember. :

There are some very knowledgeable members on here.

Do not use this site as an absolute source of information, do your research & check other sources.

Always take most comments with a grain of salt.

But above have fun and never take things on the internet too seriously.

BTW

What part of Tx are you from? I have family in the Houston area.

• 3 months later...