How to Watermark images?

<p>I have watermarking software, but none of it really floats my boat. So what I do is I made a PSD file that has my copyright, and save the file as _copyright.psd. (it shows at the start of an alphabetic listing so I can find it). It is just big enough to hold the copyright line, and I copy and past the text onto the image I want watermarked and move it where I want it to go.</p>

<p>Anthony sorry I'm a day late, it's very easy in photoshop to create an action to watermark. or you can create a custom brush.</p>

<p >Action watermark</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Open the files you want to tag.</p>

<p >Action palette> create new action> call it watermark> ok</p>

<p >Now you should be recording</p>

<p >Go to text tool, type on photo, do your thing, size,color, free transform, drop shadow, etc.</p>

<p >HIT ENTER, OR IT WON’T WORK</p>

<p >Go to File>save as jpeg copy> (size here depends if for print or web)>close> just say no to changes( this way you won't affect your orginal> stop recording</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Now go to file>automate>batch>open files> watermark action and it will tag them all.</p>

<p>Moderator,<br>

Please archive this and do not delete.<br>

I believe this is of general interest to most of the site's membership and, moreover, it is of continuing interest - close to timeless, so it will not go out of date soon.<br>

Perhaps there should be some link more prominently on the site also to this discussion, if there is not now a general reference to 'watermarking' images, as well as other, related matters relating to posting, such as copyrighting, marking copyrights, etc., which affect the entire membership and which new members probably should know (or at least have access to) before posting.<br>

It seems other, competing sites may mishandle the 'copyright' issue, and that preservation of 'copyright' status may be a great strength of Photo.net.<br>

In my cursory examination of some of the 'larger' competing sites, one of the strong reasons I continue posting enthusiastically on Photo.net is the continuing support in posting is the availability of marking each image with copyright information I choose and the warning that shows even if I should forget and on each page of postings. <br>

I believe that this is not always possible with other, large, competing sights, and once lost, a copyright may not be regained if a photo falls into the public domain. <br>

Witness the controversy over 'orphan photo status' proposed by legislation which could cause even well-known photos to become orphaned and thus lose their earned copyright status, if passed around enough, without 'photographer info' or 'copyright' info attached as the photo makes its rounds, even if 'stolen' or otherwise (mis)appropriated.<br>

Some people attach no value to their photos and would readily give them away . . . . and that is to be respected.<br>

Other photos displayed on the site are here because the site promises to protect them; if those protections were diminished or disregarded, I fear some of the better work would disappear in short time, as some of the best work here is posted by pros or is of pro and/or gallery caliber, and would lose value if copyright were lost. And copyright can be lost even if only a thumbnail version is posted without appropriate copyright attribution, even though that version cannot satisfactorily be printed. If copyright status is lost, it seems that if anyone gets their hands by any means on a full size version, they can do as they wish with it, without penalty or payment.<br>

This site has done well in its handling of copyrights, but it might do better by helping educate its members better (or just point me to articles I may have missed or links I may have overlooked, please/<br>

This is an opportunity for Photo.net to shine in attractiveness to photographers with serious work, and for those who are serious in their intentions, to learn how to do an important matter correctly right at start of posting, if given proper direction.<br>

Respectfully,<br>

John (Crosley)</p>