How to use N-visibag blind? Please advise...

matteo indri

Hi!

I recently bought a N-Visibag blind from Kirkphoto.com

Now, even though the principle isn't that difficult (you cover

yourself and the camera with it) the practice is another thing...

In particular: what are those strange "pockets" inside and outside,

on the frontl part, beneath the net? What's their purpose?

And also: how can you move/see beneath that thing, without the birs's

seeing you?

Please, if you have one, or you know what I'm talking about, let me

know...

Thanks a lot!

I don't have your particular version, but have used a similar one from UK supplier (Wildlife watching supplies) plus I am currently experimenting with a home made reversable "real tree" cut-leaf pattern job.

1 You need to wear a baseball cap of some description - the stiff peak prevents frequent "flop" masking the viewing hole - a baseball cap also gives you the required viewing angle to minimise head movement.

2 You need to settle down totally motionless and therefore have to be able to move from looking through view hole to the camera eyepiece with minimal head movement, ie you have to crouch down very low with your eyeline just above the camera and move SLOWLY

3 Use a small camping tripod stool or similar to prevent leg cramps.

4 Have spare film, extension tubes etc loose by your feet, or your lap within easy hand reach, you will not be able to rummage through a bag or body vest at critical moments - perhaps this is what the pockets are for??

I am not totally convinced that the hide bag is any better than using "real tree" camouflage (hunting) clothing, a head net & gloves and using similar no movement crouching style etc - a bag hide is certainly more uncomfortable in summer months. They are great in theory but a requires the patience of a saint to use properly. You will be much comfortable and better off with a fixed blind/hide if using in a regular area

Mike Smith

UK