How to shoot "wind blowing" wedding dress ?

hoi_kwong

<p>I saw many wedding photo with bride's wedding dress being blown by "wind" but I don't think it's a windy situation or wedding photographers carried a big fan. How can they do that ? Lifted by assistant and removed assistant in PS ? </p>

• 3 months later...

<p>The shots you're referring to can be achieved using two methods. When the direction of the wind is from ahead of the bride, it's done with the use of a gadget known as a Pocket Hurricane. I believe B&H carries them. Alternatively, if the bride doesn't appreciate a face full of hot air, you can get a similar result from the back by using a battery powered Dyson - they don't lose suction.<br>

However I choose to do it, I typically get the groom to hold the devices, since if Dyson captures the veil, I'm not liable. <br>

Alternatively, you can also avoid these types of shots altogether, they're some of the most derivative images in wedding photography, right up there with the Mary Poppins. ;)<br>

But if you insist, and to be completely serious, as the poster above me said, it's done with the assistance of a swift-handed assistant.</p>

<p>I have the Animal hair model Dyson. When i tried using it for Pavel's technique i had problems with Squirrels getting sucked into it and once a raccoon landed on brides face. That went poorly. So don't use the animal hair vacuum for this! <br>

Stick to have someone hold veil and jump out of way as they release it.</p>