How to shoot people fat with my lens

<p>Hi, I have an assignment tomorrow and it is about the slimming center program<br>

The slimming center has one program of shooting the model Before treatment, during treatment and after treatment<br>

The interval of these three shooting is about one or two month and now only the first session<br>

My camera now is D300 and D700, lens I have is 17-55, 85, 50, 80-200<br>

Because of the shooting venue will be at the slimming center it self (customer want it to be)<br>

I will bring a white cloth as background, 2 light stand + umbrella, the model standing distance with me is about 4-5 meters<br>

So, problem now is, how to shoot the model look fat (She trying her best to make her fat in the pass two month and still not that fat now)<br>

If I use D700+50mm, it probably will be as what she is right now no matter how she pose<br>

If I use D300+17-55mm, if I stand far with 17mm, she will be thin, if stand closer, it will be like abnormal look (big head shoot effect..)</p>

<p>Think the opposite of what a portrait photographer should do... get her feet to point at an angle to the camera, have her point her belly button toward the camera, shoot her with her chin slightly lowered, shoulders slightly (not so extreem so as to be noticed) rounded... depending how much control you have over the situation, ask the make-up artist for help, ask her to wear a no-support bra or no bra depending on how big she is, relax her belly muscles, wear a two-piece outfit and let some fat ease over the waist band use a slightly wider angle and shorter distance than is best... keep checking and re-positioning in the screen until you achieve the worst possible look...<br>

Then, reverse it all for the after picture.<br>

Good luck!</p>

<p>As has been pointed out, do the opposite of what's required to flatter your subject. Low camera angle, wide angle glass, fill the frame with their body, posed straight at the lens with a right and left shoulder. And use broad type lighting to widen the face.</p>

<p>Good portraiture calls for a higher camera angle, use of a short tele lens. Have the subject present a front & rear shoulder (stand at a 45` angle to lens). And use broad lighting's opposite, "short" lighting.</p>

Use a wide angle lens, such as something around 18mm's, have the "Model," looking straight at you, not in a 45 degree angle for the before look.

During an after use longer lenses, such as an 85mm or even longer. A 200mm lens is something to consider.

The longer your lens choice is the slimmer your subject will look. Thats why a wide angle lens makes people look even wider!