How to replace an existing image

rjmelone

<p>On Flickr, there is an option to replace any previously submitted image with a new one. Does P.net have this option? I've tried to replace an image in "Edit Image Info" but it did not work. In this area, there is a comment about clearing your browers cache, but I do not see this option with Internet Explorer. Thanks!</p>

<p>One way to do it is to delete the photo you no longer want and upload its replacement. You can upload first, if you want, and both images will still be here, then delete the one you want.<br /> If you delete a photo, all comments that were made about it also disappear, FYI.<br /> There may be a way to swap out photos other than that, but I don't know of it.</p>

<p>If you wish to retain the existing link and comments, use the "Edit Image Info" option to replace the existing photo. It may take a day or so before you'll see the new photo, but it will be there.</p>

<p>I've tested this recently with my own photos. Usually the new photo is visible within an hour, although thumbnail versions may not show up for a day or so.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"I've tried to replace an image in "Edit Image Info" but it did not work."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>It probably worked, but you just didn't (haven't) wait(ed) long enough. ;-) :-)</p>

<p>Further to what Lex said above, to help ease the load on the photo database servers, most photos displayed here are served from a cache. So even if you clear your browser cache, the old photo will still be served for a while until the server cache is updated, and the new version replaces the older photo.</p>