How to read comments

henryr

Several photos in my portfolio are shown to have "comments" but I cannot figure out how to be able to read the comments. Clicking on the photo enlarges it but no access to comments.

Also, btw, why in "trending" are the new photos at the bottom? Who wants to scroll thru all the old thumbnails to get to new pic?? Seems bassackwards to me.

Ugh, that's one of many reasons after many years, I am no longer a paid subscriber. Also really miss the easy ways to get and give critiques, it was a great learning tool for me.

Henry, unfortunately, PN has gone more toward social networking and away from photography. The site really isn’t being supported and the redesign was overseen by someone with many years of banking experience and no experience either with web design or photography. The result is what you see. The trend in terms of actual photos here is to throw up photos in a No Words thread where you are actually barred from talking about them. No Words serves a good purpose and can be fun but that it’s the main center of activity centered around photos here now is too bad. Even Photo of the Week has been killed off by the administration, if that’s what you can call it. This is where those redesigning the site have led us. It may also reflect the changing needs of the membership, away from critique and more towards Instagram.

There’s always something new under the sun.

Clicking on the photo enlarges it but no access to comments.

Henry...Have you tried clicking on the title?Clicking on the photo enlarges it and clicking on the title shows you the photo with its comments and a box to add a comment/reply to a comment made.Going to your Portfolio section,the drop down menu at ''latest activities'' shows you the comments/admires/favorited on your photos.

why in "trending" are the new photos at the bottom?

Trending shows photos which have attracted views/likes/comments and the sum of the weights given to each of these(I have asked Admin but no reply on the weights);the photos creep towards the top as these accumulate´To see the latest/new pics,go to the ''seeking critique'' where the newest pics submitted for critique are at the top of the line.....Hope this helps!

• Like 1