How to print image on face of CD

You need:<br>

a) CD media set up with one face for an inkjet printer, and <br>

b) An inkjet printer that accepts CD media for printing, like the Epson R800.

<br><br>

Lacking either of those, you can buy CD label kits which include stickyback paper and an

applicator.

<br><br>

Godfrey

I use Avery labels, they have a special design that allows you to use an ordinary CD jewel case to apply the label perfectly centered, without having to use a special spindle or the like. If you are using a color laser or inkjet printer, make sure you get the right kind, most inkjet labels don't take kindly to the heating process in a laser printer.

Keep in mind the label side is actually the most fragile side of a CD, and NIST does not recommend applying labels for CDs that are meant to last.

I'd be careful of paper labels. I've had several lift, causing problems with the CD player in the car. Had to go back to the dealer for a new CD and wait 3 months for my CD's back. I've also had CD's quit working after label was applied. Others worked fine.

We invested in HP's lightscribe for work related projects. Yes, it is monochrome, but the grapics are cool and make a nice presentation. Requires special program (comes with burner) and special CD's or DVD's. Probably not worth it for everyday use.

What Karen said. I've been applying labels successfully for about 8 years now; never had a single one separate from its disc. But I would never put one into a car player, where interior temps can get high (I live in Texas), or any home/office player with a slot feed (instead of a tray).

You want an R200 or and R300 at least. I have the R300 and bought it just for that purpose. The printable CD and DVD are a little more expensive than regular but when you factor in the cost of labels and kits it evens out.

For the record I would never stick a label on to a cd or dvd anymore. Not that I believe that crap about glue dissolving binding and stuff, but it might for all I know. But for the fact that you can't stick a label into a car cd player and retrieve it reliably.