How to fit a lens for a #00 shutter to a #0 shutter?

Hi.

I have a Shneider 75 f\8 that fits on a Linhof #00 shutter.

I have too, a new copal #0 shutter without diaframs calibration scale, that i am

thinking to use with the above lens.

I listened that there are riducers that are used for this modification.

Does anyone knows where i could find these riducers or any other ideas.

About the diaframs calibration scale?

Thank you in in advance for your answers.

The problem you will run into is that a #00 shutter was normally 16mm thick, where a #0 shutter is 20mm thick. So somehow the reducers will need to have negative thickness, and that's quite a trick in the real world.

The unavailability of new #00 shutters drives down the value of lenses requiring #00 shutters.

Your best bet is to hope that the Linhof-branded shutter (probably a Compur) can be repaired. There are certainly folks who can repair them if repairable (S. K. Grimes and Carol Flutot, for example.)

It might be possible to make a reducer since the opening of a #0 shutter is larger than that of a #00 shutter and the excess thickness is only a few mm. The part would have to have a slightly recessed shoulder to locate the lens cells. But I don't know anywhere that this is an off-the-shelf item. As far as I know, if it is even possible for your particular lens cells, it would be a custom machining project (e.g., S. K. Grimes). As John said, if you have the original shutter and it is repairable, that likely a better way to go. It might not be cost effective to adapt your lens cells to a size 0 shutter: by the time you pay for custom machining and marking the diaphragm, it might be cheaper to buy another lens already in a working shutter.