How to fake it as a Pro

pjmeade

<p>It depends...that video really didn't prove anything except it didn't work in his particular case. Granted, most people don't have a good eye. Some know all too well about cameras and techniques but can't shoot while others don't know jack about cameras but have good eyes and people skills. It mostly takes these three things for good portraitures.<br>

</p>

<p>I watched the whole thing that could have been edited down to under 3 minutes. Someone should give him editing lessons. </p>

<p>I don't really see the point of the video, Peter. It's akin to giving an accountant or a lawyer one week of 18-wheeler lessons then asking them to do a cross-country haul, except both will fail miserably whereas the amateur photographer will at least came out with pictures that can fool some people. </p>

<p>Amateur wannabes pop up all the time, maybe even more so in Hong Kong. Perhaps instead of one week, give an ambitious, bright amateur with just the right fit 6 months of intensive training and practice, and I bet he will be able to stand pretty close to a pro. </p>

<p>It does talk to the argument that "anyone can point a box and press a shutter" that you hear occasionally, especially whenever rates for event photography are discussed. Michael, your point about six months of diligent work (right or wrong) still says that it's not just buying a good piece of equipment, aiming, and pressing the button. </p>