<p>Hi everyone!<br>

I love this photographer's work. She has such beautiful vivid colours, I'm wondering how to achieve such vibrancy in Photoshop? I find that when I up saturation the photo loses quality... any tips on how to do this correctly and what tools to use?<br>

<a href="http://septsky.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Picnic-08-Vanessa-104003926">http://septsky.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Picnic-08-Vanessa-104003926</a><br>

Thanks in advance!</p>

<p >Lisa –</p>

<p > </p>

<p >My cheap guess is the color saturation was done by the camera; probably a higher end camera set on RAW and later converted to JPG.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >How do I come up with my un-educated guess? </p>

<p > </p>

<p >1) Studio work – the backdrop appears to be muslin. White light coming from the upper right on the branch.</p>

<p >2) On the models body and her dress, white light coming from the left. Possible cross lighting?</p>

<p >3) On the models head, white light coming from the upper right on her head.</p>

<p >4) Since the color of the lights appear to be white or about 5500K, not warming at about 6500K. We can rule out color filters on the lights.</p>

<p >5) Skin tone appears a natural olive, not over saturated red or orange as one might due to post production in Photoshop using color adjustments or even the Velvia setting.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I tried to read the EXIF data from the picture but it was not there which would/could be normal if the photo was cropped, removed or was shot on film. I suspect it was digital and not film, I suspect it was shot in RAW because when blown up to 500% it was not completely distorted by JPEG compression noise.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Hope this helps any.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Best Regards,</p>

<p >Jack</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>