how to connect pc to macbook

<p>hello,<br>

i have pc (windows xp) and macbook. all my files are stored on the pc. and sometimes i want to burn a dvd on my macbook from the files in my pc. please can someone tell me how i can do that.<br>

i have a wifi router attached to my pc. can i connect pc to macbook through this wifi router. if yes please can you let me know how.<br>

if there are any other ways to connect pc and macbook please let me know.<br>

thank you very much</p>

<p>I usually put the files on a flash ( thumb ) drive and move them to another computer. They are cheap.</p>

<p>All my photos from PC were duplicated to an external harddrive which I then plugged into the Mac. You NEED some form of back up anyway.</p>

<p>If your Mac is 2002 or newer,connect an ethernet cable between the two. Older than that, use a Ethernet crossover cable.</p>

<p>You can do it wifi also if the mac has airport which I presume it has. If you turn on both, the Mac should see the pc if you have XP2 or windows ME OR WinDOWS 2000.</p>

<p>There are websites such as "send this file" where the files are uploaded from one computer and downloaded to another. I have moved many RAW files to other people using them.</p>

<p>David Pogues book Switching to the Mac has 10 detailed prages on how to do all this. $35. I recommend you learn all about yur Mac from this book</p>

<p>I have a Mac desktop, a PC desktop and a Macbook sharing the same network at home. I can move files via the network between all three computures. Note, the desktops are both hardwired (vie ethernet cable) to the router, while the Macbook connectes via WiFi. I assume that your Macbook should already have wireless built in. Thus, it should be able to connect to your WiFi router. From the PC, you should be able to log into the Macbook (once connected to the network) and copy any files to the Macbook. If copying files while on the Macbook, you may only be able to copy files from the PC's "Shared Documents" folder. If that's that case, copy the files you need to the "Shared Documents" folder (while on the PC) and then once on the Macbook, choose "Network" in the finder window, connect to the PC's "Shared Documents" folder and copy the files over to the Macbook.</p>

<p>In general, ethernet is not fast enough for a reliable CD/DVD burn, and wireless is definitely not fast enough, nor is a CF card. You need to copy files to an hard drive on the computer doing the burning and proceed from there.</p>

<p>You can get a good (i.e., Panasonic or Sony Optiarc) DVD burner for $35. You'd pay for that in time saved within two burns.</p>

<p>Trying to use a link from a PC to a Mac will be slow and frustrating if you have a lot of files to transfer. As others have suggested either get a USB memory device or better still get an external hard drive to back up all your files and copy the ones you want to your other machine.</p>