How much do you charge for photographing a painting

Hi everyone,

recently I received a phone call from a gallery asking for photographing a famous painting. I went there with my

assistant and all equipment then couple of days later delivered the photos. Now I'll send them an invoice but I'm

not so sure how much I should charge. Job covers half an hour photo shooting on film (medium format) and digital,

two 16X12 inch print , two 8x6 print.

Thanks for your help.

Celal.

They didn't ask anything about the price. I thought that it could be consistent job therefor just wanted to give them a nice prints and sort out the price afterwards. I've got a price in my mind around 300 £ , want to find out that if it's average.

Thanks,

Celal.

Hard to answer without knowing the quality of the end product. If you produced a photograph that is properly squared, no keystoning, evenly lit, free of glare, correctly color balanced, the price you have in mind should not be a problem for a gallery.

However, it would have been easier to present the invoice at the time you delivered the prints. At this point they have the product and you over a barrel which is likely to entail some sorting it out.