How many items is it possible to shoot in 1 day?

irena_camilla

<p>Hello people,<br>

I photograph mostly weddings & portraits but recently have been doing a couple of swimwear shoots, to-date on location only.<br>

I am being asked about a studio catalogue type shoot currently and would like to ask you all if you can give me a rough estimate for:<br>

- how many clothing items can be shot in an 8 hour period assuming 2 professional models 1 hair / makeup person and one photographer. Clothing would be sports-type & swimwear rather than high fashion!<br>

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>Depends largely on what they expect in terms of quality and how they define quality. If they want the swimsuit picture to look like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover, it might take all day to get one perfect shot. If the just want a photographic record of what each outfit looks like on a model and you set up where the lighting and camera setup can remain consistent, then you can do a new shot as quickly as the models can change clothes and stand in front of the camera.<br /><br />I suspect the goal is somewhere in between. Could you do justice to each outfit in 15 minutes? Half an hour? An hour?<br /><br />Keep in mind if you are on location, particularly if it's outdoors and a beach, that light will change through the day and you could have weather issues to contend with. That would be much slower work than in a studio.</p>

• 5 months later...