how many e-mail alerts missed?

Tim, I am going to login as you and try to troubleshoot the problem; you may see a "testing" post appear under your name. That will be me, although I will delete it pretty quick.

Thank you for reporting the problem. It may be related to particular users or forums because I don't see the problem when I post, and while there seem to be some problems with users not receiving any alerts at all, nobody has reported the problem in the form you describe. Perhaps it is a holdover from the LUSENET migration. By the way, have you been receiving any alerts?

As for your specific question, you can probably get an idea of how many alerts you've missed due to other people hitting this problem by scanning through the latest messages in the forum. This sounds like a pain, but if you have the time, I would really appreciate your doing it, so that you can get a feel (and communicate to me) how many alerts you might have missed.

Brain, this problem has been posted and discussed quite a few times. If one hits the email alert link once it seems to register and is no problem. If you hit the link a second time you get the server error message. It used to be if you hit the link the page reloaded and the link went away and you knew then that the system has you set up for alerts on that post. But now it's still there after you click it and the page reloads.

Richard, I knew about the problem with requesting an alert when you already had one causing a Server Error, and I have it on my list to fix that. But I didn't know that the "Request" link used to go away and now no longer does. It should, of course, and that would save me the trouble of detecting the second request (since it wouldn't be possible). Thanks for the information.

I don't think this is Tim's problem though. He hasn't gotten back yet, but I think that his problem was due to the email disk filling up this morning so that sending the "instant" alerts was causing a problem. Anyway, we've freed space on the mail disk. (It's filling faster than before because of many more bounces than we used to have.)