How does Alpa TC work with a digital back?

alan_w1

<p>I am intrigued by how a camera like the Alpa TC works with a digital back. Am I right in assuming that the camera itself doesn't have any light meter? Or split image focusing thingy like a view finder camera? So how does the user set these things? Or does the digital back have some tricks up its sleeve? And how does this work in comparison to the same back on a Hasselblad H3D for example?<br>

Any input appreciated!<br>

Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Sorry, I can't help on this matter because I don't own this camera.<br>

However looking at the pictures on Alpa web site it seems to me the camera does not have light meterig nor TTL focusing. Looking at the picture the focusing seems must be guestimated, may be I'm wrong because the camera allow movement and for this feature is important to look through the lens but probably it has a ground glass adapter. Just my guess, as staded I dont' own one.</p>

<p>The choice of back doesn't change focusing or metering! I don't have experience with Alpas, but I remember that the shutter should be on the lens and focusing through estimation or ground glass with no built-in metering. The Alpa website should have details on the body features.</p>