How do I Unsubscribe?

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by lynnemass, Jun 27, 2017.

1. G-P

G-P Administrator Staff Member

If your subscription was from v1 it should not be auto-renewing because that is not a feature that existed on PayPal. In Stripe (v2) it a feature we have enabled by default. If you renewed on v2 it will auto renew, unless you opt out. I will reach out to each person here and address individually.

2. I don't want to auto-renew. I see nothing on my page that allows me to control that, or even shows when my paid membership expires.

Laura Weishaupt likes this.
  3. I did get an email from Glenn and it seems it is a 1 time payment...this is what he said...
    I don't know how we could have auto-renewed your account given we don't have CC information on file. Our previous payment platform was PayPal and that did not have auto-renew set up and we have not have anniversary dates yet of those that input their CC information on Stripe (our new payment platform). But I am investigating now.

William Michael likes this.
  4. Glenn,
    Thank you for the response. I am with Hector in that I don't see any way to opt out or an anniversary date. Does one get the "opt out of auto renewal" option at the time of renewal?

5. Sandy, I have no idea if that would work, just throwing it out there with everything else. BTW, as long as we are complaining, I didn't get most of the alerts for this thread...

6. G-P

Turns out Lynn did not get charged. Auto renewal is only set up for v2 and within 30 days of your anniversary date, you will be notified via email of a recurring charge that is coming...and if you wish to opt out - there will be a link allowing you to opt out. No one has experienced v2 anniversary date yet so none of you would have experienced this yet. We will have dev add in this feature so it can be done sooner if you so wish to opt out sooner than 30 days prior to your subscription expiration.

William Michael likes this.
  7. Glenn,
    Thanks for the clarification. It's very helpful.

8. If you unsubscribe do you lose the use of your Photo.net email address? xxx@photo.net.com or whatever sends those emails to your actual email address.

9. G-P

Yes - you lose that email forwarding as it is a legacy subscriber benefit.

10. Thank you for the clarification - a lot of people are no longer confused or annoyed. And I shall remain on PN.

MarieH and William Michael like this.
  11. I signed up for 3 years before the changeover to the new facelift, so I am here for the duration as well. Cheers Lynne!

12. PapaTango

PapaTango Itinerant Philosopher

Welcome to PhotoGulag.net 2.0 comrade... :rolleyes:

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

(My apologies to Don Henley)

13. Is there a way I can update my contact details such as email id? I tried loads of time, the webpage won't save the changes, it always shows the message "saving".
    This only happens on the personal details, rest of the section is saving as you would expect. Is this a deliberate enactment to hold the details of the members. please help.

14. Will someone please direct me where I can remove my credit card from this page thanks