How do I resize in LR

OK, so I'm zero on LR so go easy. However, I'm no dummy in CS3.

After seeing the potential of non destructive "layers" in LR2 I decided to try once more.

I can more or less get around but I keep running into the same reason why I just haven't bothered with LR. No

borders!

I finally worked out that if I go into the Print menu I can get the border that I want and save it as a JPEG

file. However, I can't seem to get the size that I want. For example, I want a 800x600 file size for the web. But

I can't find where this is done.

If I go to the Export option there is this Export for the email, but it gives me 640x425. Like I said, I want

800x600.

So, am I right in thinking that I will have to go into CS3 to do what I want? If this is the case I see no reason

to bother with LR, especially with the release of ACR 5, which BTW, is a knockout!

The Export for email is just a preset; you can make you own presets. If you scroll down in the export dialog box, you will

find an image sizing option. This will resize your images to the size you want, but it won't crop the image to a specific

aspect ratio--it essentially fits it in a the specified rectangle. To do that you need to use the crop tool in the develop pane.

As far as borders, I've never found a way to do that while exporting, so you may need to go into photoshop for that. If they

are simple borders and only destined for the web, you may try saving yourself a lot of time and using CSS for the borders

in the website itself. It will allow you to easily change borders later if you want to.

Yes, thank you.

I couldn't for the life of me see that there was a scroll bar to the right of the Export screen. When I scrolled down, of course the Image Sizing was there. Bad hair day, I guess.

As for the border thing, I don't understand the logic of not having this simple feature. Just about everyone puts some sort of a border around their images.

There must be a Plug-in that does this somewhere.

You can also export with a border from the Slideshow part of LR. In the tools in the right column you can add a stroke

border up to 20pt using any color available. Then in the menu bar under "Slideshow" choose "Export JPEG Slideshow".

The file naming box will open so you name the file, direct it to a folder, and size it. It will export to a folder with the name

you gave it and inside will be the image.